No announcement yet.

EAST CAROLINA (9-10, 2-4) at WICHITA STATE (8-10, 0-5) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somebody please allegedly hit me in the back of the head.

Comment

• I’m not the most basketball mind of all time, but I’ve seen enough to know.

I have no clue in this galaxy, what the hell we are doing on offense. Obviously Mills rode the Abmas coattails for the past few years.

Comment

• We are between a rock and a hard place. Can't afford to pay 4 coaches not to coach. Glad softball is just around the corner.

Comment

• What is the longest losing streak in school history?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We are already paying Mills not to coach

Comment

• Can we just bring Marshall back? We are already paying him.

Comment

• The curse of Cleveland Steamer Patty Beamer. Hopefully it doesn’t last as long as the curse of the Bambino. Softball should be fun this year at least.

Comment

• We have to hope most of the team transfers. Mills is proving that he will ride with players even when they aren't playing well. At this point we should be giving the end of the bench minutes. I'm not sure why a transfer would want to come here if these guys are still here

Comment

• Hey! Did you see the offensive charge we took?

Neither did I.

How about the 5th grader pass Colby thru that lead to a dunk, and we lose by 2.

No fundamentals. No box outs. Just miserable offense.

Go Chiefs.

Comment

• I guess Germany and Joy must really suck or something

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Bell for the tie?
                        If I never have to watch Bell play again, its too soon.
                        He needs to transfer out to Evansville.
                        Tonight.
                        And we should pay OU to take Cortes back.
                        Any amount.

The possibility of not winning another game is real.
                        Unbelievable.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Oh by the way, as someone mentioned a while ago, can the strength and conditioning coach. They don’t have to look like He-man the barbarian, but these guys get out muscled constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

If I never have to watch Bell play again, its too soon.
                            He needs to transfer out to Evansville.
                            Tonight.
                            And we should pay OU to take Cortes back.
                            Any amount.

The possibility of not winning another game is real.
                            Unbelievable.

That is all.
                            While I agree with all of that, the regression by this team has to be partly on the coaching staff.

Comment

• This season reminds me of the Thompson year when he held open tryouts and actually played a couple of the Jo schmos he found on campus. Pathetic.

Comment

• That is the only way I can think of to describe what happened tonight. That first half was a F'ING EMBARASSMENT. It was a stain on this once great program. The losses have mounted on the subconscious of the players and I think even they are beginning to wonder if they will win another game this year. So much standing around. Nobody being decisive. No cohesion in offensive sets. ARe there any offensive sets? The lack of IQ of many of our players on defense is troubling. Our players are slow to move and slow to react. And now it appears to have affected their confidence, if they had any real confidence to begin with. The skill level of the WSU players and BBIQ is so far below that of what the program needs to be successful.

Man oh man oh man, it is time for a hard

Yes, a hard, hard reset personnel-wise.

I don't know how any coach in his right mind could keep the majority of these players next season. WSU Basketball is, like, the life blood of the University. I hope Paul Mills understands it. He's so "Clark Kent", and really what a program like Wichita State needs is someone with a little more Lex Luthor in him. I can think, maybe, just maybe you keep Ballard at the end of the season because 7 footers don't grow on trees and you could utilize some of his abilities with skilled personnel. But you need to revitalize the program in a major way next season. Hit the portal, hit the JUCOs, bring in some SKILLED players. Players who can dribble the basketball. Players who can pass. WE NEED F'ING GUYS THAT CAN MAKE BASKETS.

3 more years of whatever the hell this was and you'll be re-seating the entirety of Koch Arena at drastically reduced prices just to get 3,500 people to buy your sh*t. And make no mistake about it, it stinks right now. I wouldn't attend a home game right now if it was free admission. I can't be alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X